NOTICE OF A REMOTE MEETING OF THE CYNGOR CYMUNED
LLANDRINIO & ARDDLEEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON
THURSDAY 17th NOVEMBER 2022 at 7.00 p.m
in Arddleen Community Hall
Zoom meeting I.D: 895 7090 9713 Passcode: 330996
Welcome to Chrstine Palin who will explain proposed work on the Montgomery Canal.
2 Declaration of interests
3 Minutes of last meeting held on Tuesday 20th October 2022 had been circulated
4 Matters arising from meeting of 20th October 2022
408/2022 (350/2022) Update re: unblocking the culverts on the Montgomery Canal at The Wern.
409/2022 (353/2022) Details of Planning Training available
410/2022 (354/2022) Gloversure have promised a Draft website will be available week commencing 14th Nov and Clerk liaising to arrange training
411/2022 (355/2022) Update re: sign for Alfreya Meadows at Llwyn Perthi, Arddleen
421/2022 Update on extra signage for Neighbourhood Watch
- Update from County Councillor Mrs Lucy Roberts
6 Update from Councillors who are representing the Community Council on Committee’s and Governing Bodies.
- Recreational Routes
424/2022 (362/2022) Clerk has arranged to meet with Evans Construction, Pant to prepare a quote for the extension of the pavement to Dragon’s Bridge in Arddleen on Fri 25th Nov at 9.30 a.m
- a) Update from Footpath Team
- Correspondence (Information)
- a) Notice received of workshops organized by Welsh Gov on democracy and diversity – nearest is Llandrindod wells 12th Dec
- b) Details from Powys C.C of White Ribbon Events to help combat violence against women
- c) Consultation from Welsh Gov as to modernization of electoral administration – more details to follow
- d) Poster received from Welsh Gov outlining the services available at a Pharmacy.
- e) Details received from Powys County Council of a Grant available under the THINK Transport issues community fund looking at helping transport issues.
- f) details received from Powys County Council of a dedicated website powys.gov.uk/costofliving to offer advice
- g) Thanks you received from Arddleen & District Community Association for their Grant and also to say that work on the playground will commence 21st Nov
- h) Update from Emergency Ambulance Services Committee to say they are discussing the proposals to re-locate the Air Ambulance base at Welshpool at its meeting on the 8th Nov and that a final decision will be made on the 8th Notice also received of a dedicated website https://savemidwalesbase.co.uk
- i) Minutes received of the Powys County Council update to Community Councils on the 20th October together with details of the current leadership team.
j)Notice received from Powys County Council that the cost of the uncontested Election n May is £431.57 for Arddleen Ward and £356.76 for the Llandrinio Ward – Invoice to follow.
- k) Revised proposals published from the Boundary Commission for Wales
- Correspondence for action
- a) Notice that Powys County Council have opened the call for Candidate sites for inclusion in the Replacement Local development Plan – open from 1st Nov to 13th Dec 2022
- b) request from Arddleen C P School for the Community Council to appoint another School Governor
- c) National Association of Local Council’s have published their revised pay scales for Clerk’s wef 1st April 2022 which adds £1 across the board.(Clerk currently £11.93 and they propose increase to £12.73)
- a) Minutes of Planning site meeting held on Fri 28th October 2022 at Cleveland, Llandrinio
County Cllr Lucy has called the application in to the Planning Committee for consideration.
- b) Planning site visit planned for Fri 25th Nov at 9.00 a.m in respect of 22/1603/FUL – ground mounted solar farm at Coppice Farm, Penrhos for R & E J Bowker.
- a) Bank balance as at 27th November 2022;-
Current Account £
Deposit Account £
(will be updated at the meeting as statements not yet arrived)
- b) Permission to pay;-
- i) Llandrinio Village Hall £13.00 under L.G.A 1972 s112
- ii) Mrs C E Davies (reimbursement Viking stationary) £95.89 under L.G.A 1972 s112
iii) Mrs C E Dvaies (50% cost of SLCC sub) £72.00 under L.G.A 1972 s112
- c) Bank Mandate for signature by Chairman
- d) Notice from Powys County Council that precept Forms will not be available until the 25th November
- a) Clerk has reminded North & Mid Wales Trunk Road Agency re: flooding on the A483 due to lack of maintenance of the new Cut by Jayems
- b) Update re: Maintenance of the Sarn Wen brook at Kingsacre
- c) Update re: overgrown verge which is preventing any storm water from entering the drains in Sarnau.
11 Chairman’s Remarks & invitation to any members of the public to speak
- a) Suggested uses of kiosk in Sarnau
Date for next Meeting –Thursday 19th January 2023. Llandrinio Village Hall
Organizer : Llandrinio & Arddleen Community Council will take place on Thursday 17th November 7. p.m Arddleen Community Hall
Address : Arddleen Community Hall